Digital Scrapbook Papers are not only for scrapbooking. You can use them for a a lot of different craft projects.
Where To Get Them
- Digital Scrapbook Place: You must register to gain access to their freebies page, which offers a myriad of digital papers
- Crafts Beautiful: this British DIY site provides a ton of tutorials. Every month Crafts Beautiful introduces a new set of “backing papers.”
- Shabby Princess: Here you can find gorgeous sets of papers and embellishments. I used the 2005 holiday sampler for the projects on this post
What To Do With Them
- Print on paper and make paper beads, paper boxes (Mirkwood Designs has nice templates), envelopes, stationary
- Print on fabric using either inkjet fabric sheets or, for larger pieces of fabric, have your designs printed by Spoonflower and make appliques, key chains, napkins
- Print on shrink film (Shrinky Dinks) to make tags, earrings, charm bracelets, mobiles, drink charms
- Print on iron on transfers and decorate onesies, T-shirts, did I mention napkins?
- Create cross-stitch patterns using a tool like Artopik
What do you like to do with these papers?
P.S. Thank you to Meggie Cat who inspired this post with her collection of online tools and freeware.